Exchange 2016 redirects to OWA and ECP of Exchange 2010
In this article we are going to discuss about Exchange 2016 redirects to OWA and ECP of Exchange 2010 . We will discuss the actual problem, its causes, and the way to resolve it.
After migration from old Exchange server 2010 to new Exchange Server 2016, users face the problem in setting the new Exchange Server after ending up from redirecting to older Exchange Server OWA or ECP in the same organization.
Causes to Exchange 2016 Redirects to OWA of Exchange 2010
There are various situations that are discussed below, in which user faces an unexpected behavior while connecting with OWA or EAC.
- When Exchange Server Client access services are utilizing cached information for the location of mailbox.
- On the users object inheritance permission is blocked.
- The Exchange Server client access service, associates a domain collector that does not have the latest users attributes of object after moving the mailbox.
Methods to Resolve Exchange 2016 Redirects to OWA 2010 Issue
There are three ways to resolve the problem of Exchange 2016 redirects to OWA 2010 faced by users as discussed below:
Verify that the replication of Active Directory is completed by checking the user’s object homeMDB attribute. This value contains the DN value of Exchange 2013 mailbox database.
On Exchange Server 2016, wait for few minutes to clear cache then, restart MSExchangeOWAAppPool.
Exchange Server also provides a cookie from to the users with location of backend server, which is valid for hardly 10 minutes. After restarting, MSExchangeOWAAppPool will not resolve the problem, if user tries to connect within 10 minutes of mailbox move. For this, follow the steps given below:
- Open Internet Explorer >> Internet Options.
- Click on delete option on general tab.
- Choose an option Cookies and Website data >> Delete.
Re-enabling the permissions of inheritance for object of user who faces an issue while accessing OWA or ECP by following the mentioned steps.
- Click on Start >> Run >> type adsiedit.msc >> click OK.
- Right click the object >> select Properties option.
- Click on advanced option on the security tab.
- Select an option “Allow inheritable permissions from parent to propagate to this object and all child objects” to re-enable inheritance permission.
- Click on the OK button to apply changes.
- Wait for the replication of Active Directory to propagate the required changes.
In the above discussion, cause of the problem “Exchange 2016 redirects to OWA and ECP of Exchange 2010” is discussed. Along with it, three work around is described that help users to resolve the issue faced by them. User can select any of the discussed solution according to the requirement.